MTC provides an excellent opportunity for staff to grow and develop various skills within our organisation. We also provide internships for undergraduates who are undergoing courses like Forestry, Wood Technology and the Social Sciences like Economics, History and Business/Finance.
We offer an attractive remuneration package, including a five-day work week and a generous medical insurance coverage.
Candidates are invited to write-in together with a comprehensive resume by stating the position current and expected salary with recent passport-sized photograph addressed to email@example.com
(Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted).
Manager, Internal Audit Unit
- Plans financial, regulatory, compliance or operational reviews/audits.
- Conducts risk assessments and identifies relevant controls that need to be in place to manage and mitigate identified risks.
- Performs audit procedures to verify that controls are operating through testing and interviewing techniques.
- Analyses and concludes on effectiveness and efficiency of control environment.
- Identifies control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Documents the results of audit work in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Malaysia standards and/or international best practices.
- Prepares timely audit reports for management, the Audit Committee and the Board of Trustees.
- Acts as primary client liaison between Internal Audit and Division heads.
- Assess, evaluate and promote compliance to internal policies.
- Contributes, as appropriate, in the year‐end financial audit with the external auditor.
- Provides advice on internal control and participates in enhancing internal audit standards and practices within the Council.
- Researches new or technical subjects when required to support audits (e.g. Basel III, OSFI Guidelines, market risk, financial instruments, etc.)
- Provide assurance to the Internal Audit Committee, the BOT and the management as to the adequacy of control and compliance.
- Degree or master’s Audit or Finance
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation is preferred and CA/CMA/CGA designation or senior level status is highly desirable.
- Minimum 10 years of related working experience.
- Excellent knowledge of business operations and risk-based auditing attained through 3 to 5 years of progressive work experience with a focus on financial risk and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent understanding of the standards.
Executive, Finance Division
- Assisting Finance Director on day-to-day operations of Finance Division including payment processing, receipts and managing cash flow.
- Maintaining the GL Accounting System and ensure the data and process flow is in accordance to Standard Operating Procedure and policy.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly management accounts, financial reports and annual budget for the management.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly endowment fund accounts and investment reports for the management.
- Liaising with external auditors for audited financial statements and tax agent for tax computation matters.
- Responsible to monitor and motivate account staff to meet the KPIs of Finance division.
- A degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent with excellent academic credentials.
- Professional Accounting Certificate is an added advantage (ACCA / CIMA / CPA).
- Minimum 4 years of related field.
- Must familiar with SAGE accounting software.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Good verbal and written skill in Malay and English language. Mandarin language is an added advantage.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office.
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented and highly enthusiastic individual.
Regional Head, Market Promotion Division
- Responsible for the overall functions of the marketing, promotional activities, research and overseeing the day-to-day office operations of the Regional Office.
- Supervise all Executives (when necessary) in completion of their assignments.
- Lead the regional office in identifying, collating and updating timber trade and industry information and statistics for building in-houses databases.
- Develop local and international institutional linkages for timber trade and industry.
- Organize a range of promotional activities such as trade exhibitions, marketing missions and market research visits to assist the timber industry in enhancing their competitiveness and marketing of the products both local and overseas.
- Prepare draft reports, minutes or notes of meeting on trade fairs and missions as well as meetings or seminars attended/organized.
- Prepare trade information inputs, speeches, position papers, reports to the Ministry and other related agencies as and when needed.
- Prepare the Market Trends and Developments Report to the MTC Board, Monthly Market Report, Quarterly Progress Report and any other documents requested by HQ.
- Undertake researches or surveys on trends and developments in the regional markets covered and evaluation of its implications on the export of Malaysian timber products to these markets.
- Responding to trade enquiries.
- Organize and attend meetings, seminars, conferences, workshops and other events related to the functions of the Council.
- Carry out any assignments that may be given from time to time by the Management of MTC.
- Degree in Economics / Marketing / Business Studies / Science-related discipline. Masters would be an added advantage.
- Min 7 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of timber products and the market will be a plus point.
- Proven ability to provide intellectual and strategic leadership.
- A strong capacity and capability to promote change, foster closer and effective cooperation with partners and other stakeholders in the industry.
- Display a high level of professionalism at all times including work accuracy, attention to detail, analytical, independent critical thinking and etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English as well as interpersonal skills.
- Command other language will be an added advantage.
- Competent user of standard Microsoft software including PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Self-motivated, goal oriented and highly enthusiastic.
- Regional exposure is an added advantage.